Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help choosing external N-antennas

Hello

I'm trying to choose the appropiate AP and external antennas for one of my best customer but I have doubts. Let me explain them and I wish you can help me.

I must choose between AP 1262 and 2600e and according to the document (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps7183/ps469/at_a_glance_c45-513837.pdf) there are antennas specifically for 1260 and others for 1600 and 2600 series. I have reviewd the datasheet of every antenna and all of them have RP-TNC connectors. So, the questions are:

- can I use a AIR-ANT2566P4W-R on a 1260 AP?

- can I use a AIR-ANT2451NV-R on a 2600 AP?

In other words, can I use all the antennas labeled (in this document) for 2600 on a 1260 and viceversa? Thank you very much

Dani

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes you can. What I'm saying is dual band will work for a radio that is a single band or a radio that is dual band.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well the issue is that the 1600, 2600 and 3600 uses dual band antennas. The 1260 doesn't, but you can.

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So to clarify:). The antenna ports for the 1260 is dedicated to either 2.4ghz or 5ghz. The 1600, 2600 and 3600 has dual band support. Makes sense?

-Scott

Hi Scott

the 1260 also use Dual-band antennas. In fact, i have another customer with 1262 AP and AIR-ANT2451NV-R antenna. That one is on the pdf I linked on the initial document and is a Dual-band for 1260 and 3500 APs. I would like to know if I can use it on a 2600e AP.

Dani

Yes you can. What I'm saying is dual band will work for a radio that is a single band or a radio that is dual band.

-Scott

that is a 6 element antenna.  so 3 for 2.4 and 3 for 5.  it won't work on the 2600.  You would want to look at either

AIR-ANT2524V4C-R

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card