Views
Helpful
Replies

Help: Cisco 1131AG

matt.stannard
Level 1
Level 1

Good Afternoon,

I have arrived on a site with three Cisco 1131AG Wireless Access Points WITHOUT a controller.

I want to run these in Autonomous Mode so I can use them in a more "small business" way, that is with one AP being the Root Access point with the other two being repeaters - is this the best thing to do?

Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to download an image to convert them back to autonomous mode, can someone help me:

1) To double check on the console that they are in Lightweight Controller Mode (thus need changing).

2) Send me a link where I can download the software, the CISCO site tells me I need a service contract which is very frustrating

3) Any other hints or tips!

Many thanks

M

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
1) To double check on the console that they are in Lightweight Controller Mode (thus need changing).

Boot the AP and post the command output of "sh version".

Cool, it is the LWAPP version:

cisco AIR-LAP1131AG-E-K9   (PowerPCElvis) processor (revision C0) with 24566K/8192K bytes of memory.

Processor board ID FCZ1527Q1MR

PowerPCElvis CPU at 262Mhz, revision number 0x0950

Last reset from power-on

LWAPP image version 3.0.51.0

1 FastEthernet interface

Any ideas how I can download the other image?

U need the contract the download the image.. if the device is under warranty then please open up a case with us and we will help u out in getting image published.. if not, then i guess some forumers may help u if they hav a copy!!

Please dont forget to rate the usefull posts!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hey Surendra,

Thank you for this, the device is about 2 weeks old if that!!

Are you able to tell me the URL or how I can go about opening up a case as you suggest?

Many thanks

M

Hi Matt,

here is the TAC toll free number..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_worldwide_contacts.html

please contact the respective country phone number and inform them the Serial Number of the device and they will help you out in getting the case opened!! an engineer will contact u and help u out in getting the issue resolved!!

Please dont forget to rate the usefull posts!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card