Views
Helpful
Replies

High number of Rouge AP on Cisoc WLC 2500 dashboard

ammar taha
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have on Cisco WC 2504 with 7 APs , I have an issue , the signal is appear on the end users but always the end users have disconnect to the gateway and internet ( multi-times users have ping request time out for gateway and Internet every days), 

As the attached file of Dashboard , I see the rouge of AP are 90 ,

Kindly any support ?

Best regards,

10 Replies 10

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Timeouts to the gateway is typically due to client driver issue.  Don't assume it's due to rogue AP's around your space. Also look at if your clients are mostly on 5ghz, preferred, or on the 2.4ghz. You can use client band select and also bump up the value from 2 to 4 or 6 until you get a good ratio on 5ghz. 

-Scott

*** Please rate helpful posts ***

-Scott

Thanks Scott,

How I can change the Client band select and bump up value 2 to 6,...) is from WLC or from client windows ?

Best regards,

This is done on the WLAN first!  On the WLAN advanced tab, enable client band select. Then in the tab WIRELESS | ADVANCED | BAND SELECT change the probe cycle count to 4 and then later to 6 and see if you get a better ratio on the 5ghz.

-Scott

-Scott

Wow Scott you have so much patience responding to these posts where people don't read the manual or use Google.  

Bob,

You get use to it, but for me at least, keeps me thinking:)

-Scott

-Scott

You rock man, I wish I had your patience.  :-)

Bob,

When I was consulting at CDW, it was the same. There were many customers that just wanted things to work. Even being internal now, there are folks whom just want the answer instead of researching and actually testing the feature or change. This is a reason I miss consulting:)  I have to have patience working internal, I just have to smile.

-Scott

-Scott

Oh I didn't know you work at Cisco.  Well anyway, great job.

I'm not at Cisco... at Microsoft.

-Scott

-Scott

Thanks Scotl, 

I changed to 6 but still the issue , client's have disconnected randomly to the gateway ? and how I can force the WLC is working only on 5 Ghz ?

Best regards,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card