cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I copy a Prime Backup from repository default repo to repository FTP in CISCO Prime

garyleggat
Level 1
Level 1

How do I copy a Prime Backup from repository default repo to  repository FTP in CISCO Prime 2.0

5 Replies 5

garyleggat
Level 1
Level 1

copy disk:/defaultRepo/filename ftp://myipaddress 

this copes it to my ftp server on laptop but if I try this to copy to ftp in PI

copy disk:/defaultRepo/filename ftp:/ it ask me for username and password but it keeps saying transfer failed

Try this:

-login as root

- cd /localdisk/ftp (or whatever your ftp-dir is)

- scp /localdisk/defaultRepo/filename filename

I have the same problem, did you fix it? if yes then kindly explain and which software you used for FTP.

Kind regards,

VImal.

My fTP to a remote ftp server worked fine with the following command:

PRIME/admin# copy disk:defaultRepo/[here goes your file name xxx.tar.gpg] ftp://xx.xx.xx.xx (your FTP server IP address)

Username: [your ftp user name] 

Password: [your FTP password]

I use Filezilla server and I had to make sure that the user name and password were correct by creating a new user. i had experienced a couple of failures due to a password failure and the wrong name of the file I was copying. Double Check both.

What christos.minias@mah.org is correct and should work, but your local firewall/antivirus can block the copy action.

-Disable temporary your antivirus/firewall on your laptop (eset/ MS firewall etc).
-if this not working, then check if you can ping your laptop from Prime. If not, add a route towards the subnet of your laptop.

That should fix it i hope.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card