cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I move maps from Cisco WCS v.5 to WCS v.7?

rayost
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How do I export maps from Cisco WCS v.5.1 and import them in WCS v.7?
The old WCS (v.5) is installed on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and the new WCS (v.7) is installed on a Windows 2003 server.

Are maps in .tar format? I could not find any tar files on the old WCS server that looked like maps.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1 way is : Upgrade your Red Hat WCS to 7.x version, do a backup of the database and import it on the Windows WCS.

The other way is "Monitor->Maps". Select the maps you are interested in and in the combobox, chose "export maps".

Hope it helps.

Nicolas

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1 way is : Upgrade your Red Hat WCS to 7.x version, do a backup of the database and import it on the Windows WCS.

The other way is "Monitor->Maps". Select the maps you are interested in and in the combobox, chose "export maps".

Hope it helps.

Nicolas

Thanks for the reply Nicolas Darchis.

So I have to upgrade in order to obtain the maps? Since the "export maps" function is not available in v. 5.

I didn't remember in which release they introduced it but then yes, you upgrade your WCS5 to 7 and you can export the maps easily

sridhkri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

For WCS 7.0 release will support up to (N-2) release (i.e 6.0 and 5.2) only. 7.0 will not support in 5.1 release so you have to upgrade to any one of the release like 6.0.or 5.2 ,then do export option and import it to 7.0 release.

Thanks and Regards

Sridharank

rayost
Level 1
Level 1

Backup of the WCS, restore on the new server on version 5.2, then upgraded to v.7

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card