cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you clear 802.11 MAC Counters

bret
Level 3
Level 3

I am trouble shooting some wireless issues. Before I make the changes I am gathering the data from the AP's I am working with. So that I have a clear and accurate account to compare with after the changes are made. That said, I am using the details from the Monitor>Accesspoints>802.11b/g/n in particular the 802.11 MAC Counters. Is there a way to clear the 802.11 MAC Counters, so that I have accurate information once I make my changes?

Thanks in advance.

Bret

4 Replies 4

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Very good question Bret.
I have no idea how that can be done and I hope someone can help is to find out the solution.

I tried to clear the counters from the AP itself. However, this did not clear the MAC counters that appear on the WLC.

Regards,

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Reboot the AP & the counter clears.

Seok-hwan Kim
Level 1
Level 1
AP TELNET clear counters dot11Radio 0 clear counters dot11Radio 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Curious on why you are doing this when you can capture the existing counter info. What issue are you troubleshooting, as there might be a better way. Rebooting the AP like Leo mentioned clears everything on the AP, but at times also helps if you are hitting a bug. If making changes on the WLC, capture existing data and then compare after the change. What issues are you having?
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card