cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many AIR-ANT1728 antenna can be connected to AIR-LAP1242AG-E-K9?

safarudheen
Level 1
Level 1

Warm greetings...

I have a set up 50 qty AP1242 (AIR-LAP1242AG-E-K9) installed with a single (1 qty) ANT1728 Antenna..I am not happy with the coverage..Is it possible that I can add another 1 qty of ANT1728 antenna to the exiting AP1242 to imporve the coverage?

AP1242 had dual RPC-TN connected. But I am not completely sure that wether 2 qty of antenna (ANT1728) can be connected to a single Access point (AP1242). I am also concern regarding the power requirement.

I would like to upgrade my existing Wlan to the following configration -

AP1242 connected with dual antenna (AIR-ANT1728 x 2 qty) to improve the coverage.

I will really appreciate an advice and support in regards to the above matter.

Kind Regards

Safarudheen Farook

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

on the 1242 the second antenna port per band is for diversity.

Think of it like your ears. When you don't hear something clearly you turn your head to hear it a bit better. Same thing with the second antenna. If the AP doesn't hear the signal. Pearly it can try to switch to the other antenna to get the signal better.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

on the 1242 the second antenna port per band is for diversity.

Think of it like your ears. When you don't hear something clearly you turn your head to hear it a bit better. Same thing with the second antenna. If the AP doesn't hear the signal. Pearly it can try to switch to the other antenna to get the signal better.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thank you steve for your detailed answer..

I assume that adding another antenna is possible, but will not help to help to boost the coverage but will improve the signal receptions..

Thanks again..

Regards

Safarudheen Farook

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card