cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many WLAN support for WLC2504-25 License ?

ittichai_a
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have few question with WLC 2504 with 25 License AP. Our customer have SSID around 30 SSID then, is it possible to create WLAN around 30 SSID on WLC 2504? becuase i had tried to do it on WLC4404-25 License that can do or create WLAN with 30 SSID. So, please help me or some guide line

Thanks

15 Replies 15

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

with the WLC you can get up to 512 SSID configured. But an AP will only broadcast for 16. Fr any SSID that is created from 17 on, you'll need to create AP groups as well, and assign the AP and SSID to the group.

On the other hand, what is the purpose of having 30 SSID? Can they be consolidated ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hi Stephen

Thanks with you support

From you question, first step customer need around 30 SSID because some of SSID is from branch site also.

So, with my problem, I tried to create AP group already which i am ready to assign AP and WLAN. But when i tried to create WLAN 17, it show message like "limit to create ssid" (something like that). That i cannot create SSID more than 16. I don't sure that i miss some step or configure or not. But If you confirm me that WLC 2504 can do SSID more than 16 with AP group mode, i will try to check the confiugre again. ^_^

Thanks a lot

it should work.  Running the release notes for 7.0.116.0, it's not in the 'unsupported features' for the 2504.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Stephen & Cisco Team

I have confuse, i tried to do AP Group mode. But SSID or WLAN still have only 16 ssid. So, is it possible to sent me document or confirm message from cisco? because i fear it would be the hardware without support for this feature. Anyone, please help me....

Best Regards

Hi

I came across this old post while trying to configure a 2504, are you able to confirm that the 2504 cannot support more than 16 WLAN's and if so does this mean I cannot have multiple vlans using the same SSID?

Regards

Walter

Please refer the following document:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-0MR1/configur...

You can configure upto 16 WLAN on 2504

Please refer the following document:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-0MR1/configuration/guide/wlc_cg70MR1/cg_wlan.pdf

You can configure upto 16 WLAN on 2504

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

are you trying to add a 17th said to WLAN group? Or just create a 17th WLAN?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

Hi Stephen

let's me explain you if i am wrong, i am sorry for that.

First step - i tried to create ap group mode and assign AP in the group

Second step - i tried to create WLAN 1-16 but 17 i cannot it show some message like "limit"

Third Step- i assign WLAN 1-16 in the WLAN group.

but normally from the second step - it should create more than 16, right ? but in gui i only see 1-16. Please give me some idea

Thanks

V

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Before you create the AP Groups, did you try to configure all the SSID's first? If so, maybe try not to enable h-reap local switching until you have created all your SSID's. Then enable h-reap local switching only on the SSID's for your remote site.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Salil Prabhu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

2500- WLC only supports 16 WLANs. You cannot configure 17th. I just tried in lab here..

I will get docs updated ..

Link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.0MR1/configuration/guide/cg_wlan.html

Note: Cisco 2106, 2112, and 2125 Controllers support only up to 16 WLANs.

Thanks..Salil

Hi,

Tracking using this Bug :

CSCtu13702    DOC update : 2504 WLC  supports only 16 WLANs.

Bugtoolkit :

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/action.do?hdnAction=searchBugs

Thanks..Salil

Hi salil

Thanks a lot for you update otherwise it was the bad news for me T_T

Thanks

Vee..

Hi Salil

I cannot open your Case ID. Is it possible to sent it to me via PDF file?

Thanks

Vee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: