cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to add an SSID to AP's through WCS 4400?

jonesm111
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a new SSID that needs to be added to an AP through a 4400 Controller with software version

All AP's are configured as Lightweight.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks!

---Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can add the WLAN via the Wlc under the WLANS tab or you can push the WLAN in WCS if you create a template. How many controllers do you have and do you have WCS ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can add the WLAN via the Wlc under the WLANS tab or you can push the WLAN in WCS if you create a template. How many controllers do you have and do you have WCS ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

We have 2 controllers and I believe we have WCS but not certain how to verify

If I connect to the controller that manages the AP I want to connect, Go to the Wlans tab, I see the following optiions:

1. Wlan Configuration

2. AP Groups

Not sure what to do from there...

Thanks George,

That was enough info to figure it out..

I then went to AP Groups --> Add Wlan Profiles and found the profile I needed

--Mike

Excellent .. Stop back if you have any more questions.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: