cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to broadcast both 5.0 Ghz and 2.4 Ghz?

alexmschade
Level 1
Level 1

I have a computer science background but not much knowledge of computer networks and installation. I just installed a cisco 3602i router connected to a 2500 wireless controller. Everything is working fine, the SSID is broadcasting and users can connect to the network. My question is this: in order to use both 2.4 and 5 Ghz band radios, do I need to create a new and separate SSID? I honestly cannot find online how to even select 5.0 vs 2.4 in the web GUI or CLI. Am I just completely missing something or are the frequencies just automatically chosen when connected to the network>?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
My question is this: in order to use both 2.4 and 5 Ghz band radios, do I need to create a new and separate SSID? 

If you go to WLAN > SSID and look under Radio Policy, it will tell you which radio the SSID will be broadcasted.  If you chose "All" then the SSID will be broadcasted on both radios.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
My question is this: in order to use both 2.4 and 5 Ghz band radios, do I need to create a new and separate SSID? 

If you go to WLAN > SSID and look under Radio Policy, it will tell you which radio the SSID will be broadcasted.  If you chose "All" then the SSID will be broadcasted on both radios.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card