Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to deploy 9800-CL WLC SSO on two different UCS chasis

anyone deployed 9800-CL on VMWARE environment ??

I am able to deploy 9800-CL with SSO on single UCS chassis.

Dont know how to setup UCS chassis for SSO of 9800-CL

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

Not possible:

SSO Pre-requisites

• HA Pair can only be form between two wireless controllers of the same form factor

• Both controllers must be running the same software version in order to form the HA Pair

• Maximum RP link latency = 80 ms RTT, minimum bandwidth = 60 Mbps and minimum MTU = 1500

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

So if I have one 9800 virtual controller A on UCS chassis A and one 9800 virtual controller B on UCS chassis B in this scenario configuring SSO between Controller A and Controller B is not possible? 

Never tried but as per the doc, it is not.  WLC installed on the 9300, for example, does not support SSO between switches in different stacks, only on the same stack.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

I believe you're misinterpreting the docs there. Requiring the same form factor means you can't HA an -40 with a -CL, but you can pair two 9800s of the same type.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-8/b_c9800_wireless_controller_ha_sso_dg.html#id_73191 has an example where WLCs on two separate physical servers work together in SSO.

Correct. C9800-CL HA Pair can be formed across two separated physical servers, you just need to map the RP port to a vSwitch/portGroup NIC on a dedicated VLAN and then carry that VLAN across to the other server. This can be directly connected or through a L2 switch.

Regards

Simone

Ok that sounds good,

We will try and let you know about this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card