cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to find the serial number on CMX

jakubjakubiak
Level 1
Level 1

How can one find the serial number of the Connected Mobile Experiences (CMX) virtual appliance?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

johndesgarennes
Level 4
Level 4

Good question, "cmxos inventory" gives the "UDI" which for me was "MES virtual appliance" In order to install the latest lic. 

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use the command :

getserverinfo

I do not think this command is working in CMX platforms  (it may work with MSE)

Rasika

This is not a CMX command, it does not work.

So, is there any way how to find this kind of information? I am trying to enable license and it is asking me for UID.

Hi msvrcek,

yonglic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

please check "uuid" on CMX

johndesgarennes
Level 4
Level 4

Good question, "cmxos inventory" gives the "UDI" which for me was "MES virtual appliance" In order to install the latest lic. 

I found the command on the CMX VM you can get the serial number using this command "cmxos smartlicenseudi"

Stacey Fort
Level 1
Level 1

Ok I see that someone posted the working solution to the problem as to how to attain the UDI on a virtual CMX but I do not see it, the cmxos inventory does not show nor dose the getserverinfo, please advise thanks

I found the command on the CMX VM you can get the serial number using this command "cmxos smartlicenseudi"

lashkery
Level 1
Level 1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card