cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Enthusiast

How to format ClickOS AP ?

HI ,

I know IOS AP can be format flash by "fsck flash:". For ClickOS AP, I don't know how to format flash. If you know, could you tell me?

In addtion,I also want to understand the following questions:
1. How does the AP enter (RNAQ-C7) # mode?
2. How does the AP enter u-boot mode?
3. What is the difference between (RNAQ-C7) # and u-boot mode?

Thanks a lot !

Everyone's tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Participant

Re: How to format ClickOS AP ?

Hi SYGY
I don't know enough about COS APs to answer your question although there are some previous posts you might want to search for but I think they mostly point towards the need to talk to TAC if you're at that point.
But I did just want to clarify that fsck does NOT format the flash on an IOS AP - it's a checkdisk - it just checks the consistency of the file system and corrects any errors and recovers any orphaned files/blocks.
The command for formatting the flash is (not surprisingly) format :)
Rich
Highlighted
Enthusiast

HI rudding
Thank you for your response. My description is wrong. I see that the formatted AP should use: "ap: format flash:" But I still want to know how the ClickOS AP is formatted and whether the same command is used. Thank you anyway. Does anyone else know.
Highlighted
Collaborator

Hi,

Why would you want to format the flash, if there is no reason? You could just delete the necessary files. AS far as I'm aware, with access-points running ClickOS, there is no "format" option available to a regular user. You can just delete files from flash, using "delete" command, which is identical as in regular IOS.

Without having any confirmation from Cisco, i say that RNAQ-C7 is your regular rommon (perform upgrades, etc), while U-Boot is like a super rommon, where you have limited access; this is for TAC advanced troubleshooting, where TAC has more than limited access. 

My feeling with the "format" option disappearing, is that there have been many issues with Cisco AP's flash, so probably they decided to leave the "format" option aside.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I haven't learned that ClickOS AP can't format flash anymore. If it is true, then I can only delete the files one by one. Thanks for your answer
Highlighted
Collaborator

Hi,

I would assume it's available from U-boot, but not sure. Open a TAC case and post what you find out about U-boot mode :)

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

ok,i got it, thanks for your advice.
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad

Cisco COVID-19 Survey