cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to hide internal network in WLC

shazeb051
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all can any body help me. i have to block lan access to guest user.. but guest id and whole internal network are in same subnet. 

suppose 10.10.X.X guest ip is 10.10.202.X can any one help me .. when i try icmp, inbond ourbound all any any its blocking totally . i want to give internet access to guest network.

waiting for positive response 

regards.

4 Replies 4

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I wouldn't personally put the guest and internal networks on the same internal VLAN.  I would make the guest network completely separate, and use a firewall to control/limit access.

However you can use ACLs on an SSID.  Here is a guide saying how to do this.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wlan-security/71978-acl-wlc.html

dear philip 

i tryied the above link but its blocking me lan and wan.

actually i have ssid subnet and lan services subnet same. i am facing very difficulty with this istsue..

can u help me out,

can this be apply in firewall inside interface too?

thanks.

You are being blocked from accessing documents on Cisco's web site?  You really are having some issues.

Try pairing your machine with a 3G SmartPhone, and accessing it directly over the Internet, or accessing it at another location and printing it out.

Dear Phillip when i disable access list then i can able to reach internet but with that i am also able to access my lan network service ..which i want to block this guest Ssid to access lan services..do u  get my question?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card