cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set up secondary WLC for all APs at once?

Loomit
Level 1
Level 1

We added a new controller to the group which we want to be as a secondary for all WAPs. How can I set it up so that I don't have to go to each AP individually? Can this be done on the controller or from the WCS?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

WCS.

Configure > AP Template > Lightweight AP > Add Template > Make a name > Save

Under AP Parameters Tab, right-hand column, tick the "Controllers" and choose the secondary controller in the drop down menu.

To the left-hand column, scroll down and put a tick in the "Secondary Controller IP Address" and enter the IP address of the Secondary Controller.

Go to the Select AP tab and find the WAP based on the controller name (fastest way to find it) and choose them.  Go to the Apply/Schedule tab and click the "Apply" button.

All done.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

stefan.angerer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Peter,

bulk configuration of APs (e.g. setting primary/secondary controller) is a WCS/NCS/Prime Infrastructure feature.

If you want to test this software, Prime Infrastructure 1.2 comes with an built-in evaluation license for 100 devices (=access points) and 60 days (if I remember correctly). PI 1.2 is the successor of WCS and NCS.

regards

Stefan

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

WCS.

Configure > AP Template > Lightweight AP > Add Template > Make a name > Save

Under AP Parameters Tab, right-hand column, tick the "Controllers" and choose the secondary controller in the drop down menu.

To the left-hand column, scroll down and put a tick in the "Secondary Controller IP Address" and enter the IP address of the Secondary Controller.

Go to the Select AP tab and find the WAP based on the controller name (fastest way to find it) and choose them.  Go to the Apply/Schedule tab and click the "Apply" button.

All done.

Loomit
Level 1
Level 1

Stefan, Leolaohoo

Thank you guys, I appreciate your answers. I used templates and it worked fine..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card