Views
Helpful
Replies

HREAP APs lose local VLAN mappings

lcharvin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are using a 5508 controller (version 7.0.98.0) in a central location and 1242 access points in HREAP mode in remote locations. 

I have noticed that, for no specific reason, HREAP APs sometimes lose their local VLAN mappings and revert to centrally switched interface VLAN tags?? Since central VLAN tags and local VLANs are not the same, local traffic can not be routed and clients lose connection.

I have seen that a software bug has been reported CSCsw68997 (http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsw68997) but it seems to have been fixed in software version that don't exit for 5508 WLCs.

Would you have any idea if there is a fix to this issue?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated,

Laure

2 Replies 2

dmantill
Level 4
Level 4

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

It is important to note that CSCsw68997 is an enhancement, not exactly a bug.

The bottom line is that if HREAP APs move between controllers, and those controllers are not identical with WLAN Order (including the AP group WLAN order) then your mappings might change.

Now if you want the code this enhancement is added to, I believe both of those are readily available from TAC. If you need Cisco.com versions of the code, then you'll need to wait a few more weeks....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: