cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I'm having problems with the wireless LAN Guest and Windows 7

jcardozo
Level 1
Level 1

Only with Windows 7 when a user logs in in the Gest WLAN two connections appear in Windows 7, the user authenticates on the page but does not leave the internal network. Can someone help me with this?

We use WLC 4400 and LAP 1252

5 Replies 5

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What software version on the controller ? What browser on the clients (xp and 7) ?

Once the client authenticated, can you go to the WLC, Monitor-> client and check for your clietn mac address, can you then check the current policiy state ? Is it in RUN or WEBAUTH_REQD ?

Nicolas

What software version on the controller ? What browser on the clients (xp and 7) ?

The Controller has 5.2 and the browser client is IE 8.

I am sending two pictures that show two connections that appear in the screen and show contoller when the station is in RUN

Once the client authenticated, can you go to the WLC, Monitor-> client and check for your clietn mac address, can you then check the current policiy state ? Is it in RUN or WEBAUTH_REQD ?

When you connect on the controller the state policy is WEBAUTH_REQD after several times I try to open the login screen and error "page can not be accessed. " When I can, and put the username and password policy state is RUN but I can not leave the internal network, this only happens with Windows 7, XP authentication is well and goes on the Internet.

Thanks

If your second screenshot shows the situation when you cannot get the login page, it sounds like DNS names cannot be resolved.

Can you try to access "http://1.1.1.1" to trigger the webauth page ?

What 5.2 are you having ? anything under 5.2.193 stinks pretty bad regarding webauth.

Nicolas

I am having this same issue.

I have implemeted 3 new Guest SSIDs for various reasons.  These are using a WLC 5508 running the 7.0.116.0 code.  These 3 SSIDs used different Authentication types.  1 uses WPA2-Enterprise.  1 uses Web Auth.  1 uses MAC Auth.

I do not have issues with iPhones, iPads, Android Tablets or any other Windows OS beside Windows 7.  Windows 7 is the only OS that displays the same 2 connections to the associated SSID.

I have tested this using an HP Pavilion dv6, Dell Latitude e6500, 2100, and 4200 laptops using various NICs and various drivers with the same result.  All Windows 7 clients have 2 connections.

I have a Cisco TAC Case opened on this, but they have yet to identify the issue on the Anchor Controller.

Thanks,

What I found was the root cause for this was having specified 2 Default Gateways in the DHCP Scope that resides on the Anchor Controller. 

The 2 Default Gateways were specified for the Primary and Standby IP Addresses of the interface on an Active/Standby pair of ASA firewalls.

Removing the second Default Gateway from the DHCP scope on the Anchor Controller resolved this issue for me.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card