Views
Helpful
Replies

IEEE Standards v. CCX

IT Services
Level 1
Level 1

Good Afternoon,

We have a mixed environment where we have to support CCX and non-CCX compliant devices.

I am looking to configure 802.11k and other features that are the IEEE standard equivelant of what CCX can offer.

Has anyone ever run these in parralell on the same WLAN or should we consider creating different WLAN's for say our MAC clients and another WLAN for our Windows based (CCX compatible) clients?

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't think running a single SSID for ccx and non ccx is an issue at all.  Many implementations are done that way, look at guest Internet.  Only when using 802.11r is where you might consider another SSID because clients that do not support 802.11r will not be able to associate.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I'm just thinking that there are soo many features that could be disabled to make it a healthier less error-prone wireless network for hte non-ccx compliant devices.

Thanks for the reply Scott

The big thing is to understand these features. Sometime the best way to have a stable environment is to keep things simple. That means basic settings on the WLC and on the SSID. Maybe these are considered as workarounds, but features can end up causing devices to have issues.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

If we could just standardize on clients my life would be soo much nicer haha!

Thanks again Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: