cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

internal temperature WLC 2100

g.rienstra
Level 1
Level 1

The operating temperature for 2100 wireless lan controllers is up to a miximum of 40 degrees celsius according to the datasheet.

We deployed some 2112 controllers all displaing a temperature above 50 degrees celsiun. This during normal operation and deployed proper enviromet (aroco ...) Anyone has the same issue?

THX
Goen

3 Replies 3

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

Huh... interesting observation.  You're right, the data sheet says up to 40°C for operating temperatures, but my two controllers are running at 43 and 44°C.  I've never had any problems with them.  I guess that's fine?  Haha, I have no idea.

50° seems a bit high though, is it really in an A/C environment?  Does it have proper air flow around it?

Hi,

I have 2 WLCs in a warehouse and both WLCs are showing 60 C. But the switches in the same rack are below 40C. I checked for CPU & memory but they are normal. I don't know which CLI command I can use to check if the cooling fans in the WLCs are alright or not.

Can you please share if there is such CLI command? IOS version is 7.0.220.0

Thank you

a.matahen
Level 1
Level 1

I would say that the difference is that you see the Internal Temprature of the WLC, were the datasheet refers to the maximum allowed room temprature.

HTH

Ahmad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card