Views
Helpful
Replies

Invalid regulatory domain

anas.awad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

im trying to set up mobility express for AIR-AP2802E-E-K, i have the correct image as below , but it looks set mobility express is default as this is the first time for, i have deployed more than 15-20 wireless network from small business to enterprise network, why this not working. i followed the exact procedure guide for mobility express configuration.

i can see the AP list appeared in the controller GUI but its not joining the controller, also i cant see SSID broadcasting . beside form the switch i can see from cdp neighbor the controller which is my AP but it has different ip address than the GUI, both are pinging! 

cisco AIR-AP2802E-E-K9 ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l) with 1030528/636684K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID FGL2109A6T8
AP Running Image : 8.3.102.0
Primary Boot Image : 8.3.102.0
Backup Boot Image : 0.0.0.0
AP Image type : MOBILITY EXPRESS IMAGE
AP Configuration : MOBILITY EXPRESS CAPABLE
2 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
2 802.11 Radios
Radio Driver version : 9.0.5.5-W8964

this is all i can get from the logs, anything else looks normal.

*spamApTask0: Apr 11 11:57:30.085: %CAPWAP-3-POST_DECODE_ERR: capwap_ac_sm.c:6259 Post decode processing failed for Config status from AP 70:db:98:7b:66:a0
*spamApTask0: Apr 11 11:57:30.085: %LWAPP-3-RD_ERR4: capwap_ac_sm.c:3378 The system detects an invalid regulatory domain 802.11bg:-E 802.11a:-EM for AP 70:db:98:7b:66:a0

--More-- or (q)uit
*spamApTask0: Apr 11 11:57:14.128: %CAPWAP-3-POST_DECODE_ERR: capwap_ac_sm.c:6259 Post decode processing failed for Config status from AP 70:db:98:7b:66:a0
*spamApTask0: Apr 11 11:57:14.128: %LWAPP-3-RD_ERR4: capwap_ac_sm.c:3378 The system detects an H 802.11bg:-E 802.11a:-EM for AP 70:db:98:7b:66:a0
*spamApTask0: Apr 11 11:56:58.171: %CAPWAP-3-POST_DECODE_ERR: capwap_ac_sm.c:6259 Post decode processing failed for Config status from AP 70:db:98:7b:66:a0

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What country are you in ? 

You may have received an AP that is built for a different regulatory domain than the one your WLC is setup for. 

STEER CLEAR of simply checking the box for in your WLC for the country in question. 

This is not as simple as one might think. If you are supporting APs in Japan and the US for example, the WLC will only allow the APs to function on channels that are supported in both countries. So you can kill your network rather quickly by checking a few country boxes. 

If you have an AP for the wrong regulatory domain the best thing to do is send it back and get one built for the  appropriate regulatory domain. 

http://www.wificert.org/regulatory-domains/

This tool can help you look up what regulatory domain AP you need based on what country you are in or deploying the AP in. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/prod/wireless/wireless-compliance-tool/index.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

What country are you in ? 

You may have received an AP that is built for a different regulatory domain than the one your WLC is setup for. 

STEER CLEAR of simply checking the box for in your WLC for the country in question. 

This is not as simple as one might think. If you are supporting APs in Japan and the US for example, the WLC will only allow the APs to function on channels that are supported in both countries. So you can kill your network rather quickly by checking a few country boxes. 

If you have an AP for the wrong regulatory domain the best thing to do is send it back and get one built for the  appropriate regulatory domain. 

http://www.wificert.org/regulatory-domains/

This tool can help you look up what regulatory domain AP you need based on what country you are in or deploying the AP in. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/prod/wireless/wireless-compliance-tool/index.html

Thanks William,

This based in Qatar, after changing the regulatory domain to France, it worked

Thank you for help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card