cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 7921 not able to make outgoing calls only receiving

tiger_401
Level 1
Level 1

i have cisco wireless phone 7921. It works fine with this configuration shown below like it can make and receive calls:-

voice-port 0/0/0

connection plar 5775477

!

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

answer-address 5775477

destination-pattern .T

port 0/0/0

!

!

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 5775477

!

ephone 1

mac-address 0021.55D5.E280

type 7921

button 1:1

!

!

But when i switch my configuration to this shown below:

voice-port 0/0/0

connection plar 5775477

!

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

answer-address 5775477

destination-pattern A1

port 0/0/0

!

!

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 5775477

trunk A1

!

ephone 1

mac-address 0021.55D5.E280

type 7921

button 1:1

!

!

then the wireless fone 7921 only receives calls but not able to make calls. Any idea or hint will highly commendable.

Thanks,

Mukarram.

7 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

This sounds like a bug in the 7921 firmware. If you're on 1-2-1 there's a good chance this isn't something that has been looked at yet, as the trunk configuration is not used very often.

What are you using the trunk configuration for?

View solution in original post

Hi Malik,

Connection plar will automatically ring the IP phone when the FXO rings. opx is just a keyword we add in certain scenarios, but it shouldn't make a difference here.

connection plar is for inbound calls, and corlists are for outbound calls. Your config now will work for inbound, but not outbound.

hth,

nick

With the original configuration, it sounds like one of two things:

1) This isn't supported on this phone

2) It's a bug.

I wasn't able to find any information on either 1 or 2. You can open a TAC case to have someone investigate, or you could go with the work around that I mentioned earlier.

hth,

nick

You can keep the .T dial peer, but apply an outgoing corlist to the phone. Make sure that the only phone that has access to dial out of that dial peer is the 7921 that has an incoming corlist defined on the ephone-dn. For help on configuring corlists, I posted a link in one of my other messages.

Corlists limit which ephones can use which dial peers. It's commonly used to match one user to one port - this exact situation.

hth,

nick

Don't forget to put it on the ephone-dn:

ephone-dn 1

corlist incoming <>

You can check this thread that is going on also now that is the same issue. There are some helpful links in here that may help you with the configuration:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40^1%40%40.2cc2ef79

hth,

nick

And this is what the sample corlist looks like:

dial-peer cor list 1004Outbound

member 1004Outbound

!

dial-peer cor list 1005Outbound

member 1005Outbound

!

dial-peer cor list 1006Outbound

member 1006Outbound

!

dial-peer cor list 1007Outbound

member 1007Outbound

!

dial-peer cor list 1008Outbound

member 1008Outbound

!

dial-peer voice 1000 pots

corlist outgoing 1004Outbound

destination-pattern 9T

port 0/0/0

!

dial-peer voice 1003 pots

corlist outgoing 1007Outbound

destination-pattern 9T

port 0/0/3

!

dial-peer voice 1002 pots

corlist outgoing 1006Outbound

destination-pattern 9T

port 0/0/2

!

dial-peer voice 1010 pots

corlist outgoing 1008Outbound

destination-pattern 9T

port 0/1/0

!

dial-peer voice 1001 pots

corlist outgoing 1005Outbound

destination-pattern 9T

port 0/0/1

!

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

corlist incoming 1004Outbound

!

!

ephone-dn 2 dual-line

corlist incoming 1005Outbound

!

!

ephone-dn 3 dual-line

corlist incoming 1006Outbound

!

!

ephone-dn 4 dual-line

corlist incoming 1007Outbound

!

!

ephone-dn 5 dual-line

corlist incoming 1008Outbound

hth,

nick

24 Replies 24

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

As this is the only phone affected, it would not be a hard thing to

delete it and configure from the scratch carefully following all steps

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7921g/6_0/english/administration/guide/21adm60.pdf

Confirm you accomplished all checkpoints, because wireless phone

has slightly different configuration specificity.

Dear Fellow,

Thanks for your reply. I have eight 7921 wireless phone and seven 7911. All the eight wireless ip phone are not working like they are only receving calls. With the same configuration 7911 are wokring fine.

Attached is the configuration of my router. I hope it will help you diagnose the problem.

Your concern in this regard will highly be commendable.

Regards,

Mukarram,

JOHN SHOEMAKER
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mukarram,

I had a very similar issue. It seemed to be caused by ephone-templates. When I removed the ephone-templates from the phones they dialed fine. Please let me know if this helps.

I apologize... I posted without having looked at your config first. I notice now you don't have ephone-templates.

What firmware version are the phones using? You may want to try to upgrade. I'm using CP7921G-1.2.1.LOADS

Dear fellow,

Can you plz tell how can i download the firmware of the wireless ip phone and how can i upload it in my cme router. I will be very thankful to you. Its urgent.

Thanks & Regards,

Malik.

Have you tried this configuration with non-7921 phones?

Dear fellow,

Yes i tried the same config with 7911 and they are working fine. I dont know whats the problem with 7921 ip phones. Can you plz support me in this regard. I m in deep trouble.

If you have my confusion, plz do let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Malik

This sounds like a bug in the 7921 firmware. If you're on 1-2-1 there's a good chance this isn't something that has been looked at yet, as the trunk configuration is not used very often.

What are you using the trunk configuration for?

Dear,

I am using truck config to configure direct number for each wireless ip phone. And i want that user to use FXO port which i assigned to him. This is the reason why i m using trunk config. Any tip aur suggestion from your side will highly be commendable.Plz help me in this issue. I will be greatful to you.

Thanks & Regards,

Mukarram.

You may find it easier to configure it like this:

On FXO port:

voice-port 0/0/0

connection-plar opx

And use corlists on the ephone-dn and FXO port.

Here's the document on this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a008019d649.shtml#maintask1

That's the suggested configuration for the 1:1 between ephone-dn and FXO port.

hth,

nick

Thanks for your reply. I just want to confirm that what will be the use to cor list my scenario. My main goal is that i want all wireless ip phone users to use their own fxo port for incoming and out going calls.

Attached is the running config on my router.

what will connection-plar opx will do.

Thanks again. Waiting for your reply.

Malik.

Hi Malik,

Connection plar will automatically ring the IP phone when the FXO rings. opx is just a keyword we add in certain scenarios, but it shouldn't make a difference here.

connection plar is for inbound calls, and corlists are for outbound calls. Your config now will work for inbound, but not outbound.

hth,

nick

Thanks for your reply. Kindly tell me how can i make outing calls from my wireless ip phones 7921. And on the other hand 7911 are working absolutely fine with the same configuration. Can u plz help me solving this issue. I will be very thankful to you.

With the original configuration, it sounds like one of two things:

1) This isn't supported on this phone

2) It's a bug.

I wasn't able to find any information on either 1 or 2. You can open a TAC case to have someone investigate, or you could go with the work around that I mentioned earlier.

hth,

nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: