cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPAD NOT CONNECTING TO AP 1142

abukuru95
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Guys, I have an ipad that is not able to connect to a 1142 Autonomous AP. This AP was originally a light weight AP and then downgraded to autonomous.A strange thing i see is that the AP shows me only two radios. 802.11 N(2.4 GHZ) and 802.11 N(5 GHZ). I suspected the AP not to support the b/g networks. i then downloaded the most recent software but i still cannot get it to connect and on the AP's GUI i only see the above two mentionned radios. i tried to connect to two SSID's. one using WPA2 and another with open authentication and no security.but this does not work. Is it possible that some 1142 do not support b/g networks?

any help is highly appreiated.

21 Replies 21

Scott,

Thanks, I will double check but I believe that's what it was set to, and I have also tried both 10 and 75 per recommendations on another thread.

Brian

That is pretty high.... default is at 1 and usuallly can be set to 2 with no issues.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott thanks for your help.  After talking with Cisco yesterday and also taking your DTIM recommentation into consideration, my radio settings are:

--

interface Dot11Radio0

no ip address

no ip route-cache

!

encryption vlan 2 mode ciphers aes-ccm

!

encryption vlan 3 mode ciphers aes-ccm

!

ssid Guest

!

ssid Internal

!

antenna gain 0

mbssid

station-role root

beacon dtim-period 1

no dot11 extension aironet

--

Argh...any other ideas?

Thanks,

Brian

I saw sometimes problem with hidden SSIDs I didn't see in the config that you broadcast your SSID. With that command

mbssid guest-mode dtim-period 75

you broadcast your ssid, just give them a try maybe.

regards,

Sebastian

Thanks Sebastian.  Both SSIDs for the two VLANs are broadcast.

Brian

Did you ever get it to work?  If so what was the solution to your issue?  I am having a similar issue.

jwinters99,

For me, my issue was the device handing out DHCP.  For my network it was served out by the Watchguard, and as I wrote above, iDevices (as well as Androids and most laptops) would never get an address properly, but DID work if I set them static.  So, we chalked it up to a Watchguard thing, because as soon as we yanked the DHCP role off the WG and put it on our core switch, ALL the devices started working correctly immediately.

Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card