cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iPad won't reconnect automatically

Todd S
Level 1
Level 1

Working on an upgraded wireless deployment.  Customer used to have 5508 WLCs and a mix of 3602 and 3502 AP.  Recently upgraded them to new C9800 WLCs and 9117 APs.  I have an SSID that iPad's connect to that is configured as WPA2/AES PSK with a hidden SSID.  The iPad doesn't have an issue connecting but it will eventually drop it's wireless connection and it doesn't appear to attempt to reconnect, it just looks like it is scanning for wireless networks.  I've forgotten the SSID configuration on the iPad and reconfigured it and the behavior was the same.  If I turn off the WiFi on the iPad and turn it back on it immediately connects.

Anyone familiar with this behavior?

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I have a 9800-L and 9130EWC and I don’t run into any issues with my iPad(s) and or iPhones or any device connected. I would look at what features you have setup on the SSID, start with a minimal set of features and then work up adding the features you want to see where it breaks. I personally always start with an open said then move to a basic psk.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

One other thing, don’t hide the SSID and see if that helps. You might have to reset your network settings on the iPad as it might still remember how it was connecting to the old system. If you had it broadcasted before and now its hidden, that can always be problematic to devices.
-Scott

The previous controllers had the SSID hidden.  The configuration should be matching the old config.  This specific customer hides all their SSIDs. (I know)

If the plan configuration matches, then its time to open a TAC case and see what they find. I have no issues, and maybe you should create a test SSID that is broadcasted and see if the issue still persists or not. Try to isolate the issue by trying different things.
-Scott

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
What firmware is the controller running on?

16.12.1s

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card