cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ipads and c1200 series AP: Anybody aware of any issues with Ipads and 1200 series APs?

john.wright
Level 3
Level 3

We are testing Ipads with a select number of users in our enterprise network. The only complaint by two of our users so far is that they are unable to surf the web even after getting authenticated to our c1200 series stand alone AP running IOS 12.3(8)JEC. The same two users have no problem at all with the exact same access at sites that have standalone 1140 and 1130 series AP's.

These Ipad users are only accessing our guest vlan which we open to non-employee guests all the time which work just fine with any abgn card on laptops as well as company blackberry units.

21 Replies 21

Yea, Im at a loss bud. Sorry I cant be of any other help ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Rusty Haferkamp
Level 1
Level 1

Any luck? I am having an identical situation with 1142's and WLC2106. Notebooks connect but iPhones and iPads stop working when more than two Apple devices are associated. TAC claims the WiFi is good and it is an Apple client issue.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/335488?tstart=30

rhaferkamp

I have not heard anyone reporting issues with iphone only the two ipads and only at that one site that only has a 1200 series AP. We are going to replace the 1200 with a 1141N unit in the near future.

If you have the ability to do a capture of the conversation maybe you can isolate the issue. My problem is in Spain and I am here in U.S.

Found the culprit to my problem. Switchport security was enabled. Changed it to trunk mode for the WLC and it works.

Great information Rusty. Thanks for sharing. 5+

John could you please check the same what Rusty informed?

Thanks,

Vinay Sharma

Community Manager - Wireless

Thanks & Regards

While my problem may be the same as Rusty's problem my infrastructure is different. I do not have a controller.

I have all standalone units. And there is only one unit in one location that is having problems.

And I do not use switchport security.

John,

You would need to publish the run-config from the working 1140 series ap as well as the 1200 so we can compare.  There shouldn't be any limitation between the iPads and 1200 AP so there must be some sort of mis-match in configuration.  It would also be beneficial to show the switchport configuration where the 1200 AP is plugged in.

It sounds like the clients can "sometimes" get connected after rebooting; but access only lasts a moment.  In this case it "seems" the client is operating properly from the APs role, however client traffic is not passible to the outside world hitting the firewal.  Do you have any way to verify whether or not communication is only limited to the "WAN", and not other locally routed/switch networks at this site. 

Does the client ever show to be "disconnected" from the SSID; do you see the client assocation from the AP along with it's respective IP? 

#show dot11 assocations

This provides detailed informaiton on assocatied clients; can you include the portion of this output as it pertains to one of the iPads in question?

#show dot11 associations all-client summary

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card