Views
Helpful
Replies

iPhone Log-in screen issue

stowellp
Level 1
Level 1

HI Guys,

I am having issues when connecting to our Guest WLAN using iPhones.

I connect to the WLAN get an IP address and then get re-directed to the authentication web page. The problem is that the web page never opens and I get a message stating the page could not be opened because the serer could not be found.

We have WLC 4402s and WCS v.7.0.164.0

I do not have any such issues with MACs or Windows connecting to the WLAN.

I would be grateful if you could give me some pointers in how to get this connected.

Cheers,

Phil

6 Replies 6

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

try accessing the Virtual IP address configured on the WLC or even try accessing the IP address of the site name (Ex instead of google.com try the ip address of the google.com) if you are using safari browser.. try disabling "autofill" and try once..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi Surenda,

I need to authenticate with the WCS before I can go to a website via name or IP; it is this page that I cannot display. I have disabled autofill, but the page still does not display.

Phil

Hi Phill,

The Iphone is stuck in what state?? If you could see the client on the client list on the WLC.. in what state is it in?? DHCP-Required or RUN or DOT1X-required ???

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

HI Surendra,

Thanks for your help.

I solved the issue by simply disabling the auto-login on the wireless network settings on the iPhone. I then connected to the wireless network then opened Safari which re-directed me to the authentication page; once I accepted the certificate and authenticated I could connect to any website.

Cheers,

Phil

Hi Phill,

Thanks for the update!! its nice to hear that the issue is resolved... and it was a nice learning experience for me as well.. thanks for sharing the resolution!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

I am having the same issue, when I disable Auto-Login it works fine. Unfortunatly this is not a solution for us, it is a publicly available guest network. When I try to connect to it from an iPhone or iPad a "Log In" screen pops up and tries to go to http://www.apple.com. It never gets redirected to the web auth page and never loads the apple.com

We have a godaddy issued certificate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card