cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Iphone6 and Internal Cisco WLC Web Auth

Dan Brandt
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a 2504 WLC running 8.0.133 code. I've uploaded everything for the Web Auth page and it works great for all devices except my IPhone6. The IPhone doesnt seem to want to redirect to the custom page (like it doesn't even try) then opening up Safari it doesn't redirect when I attempt to browse. If I manually go to the redirect URL wifi.companyname.com it comes up with a the default internal web auth page (not my custom page) and it works when I attempt to authenticate.

2 Replies 2

Did you already reboot the iOS (funny idea I know) or forgett the wifi and connect again? Also try to access the page on private mode which forces the iOS to use a more or less "clean" request as I knew from the TAC.

I did reboot and forget/reconnect multiple times. I was updating OUI.txt file so I could better classify devices and allow our client to be a sleeping client for 30days. Just so a certain model tablet didn't have to reauth constantly. The issue seemed to resolve itself when I went back and used the IEEE OUI.txt file from their site. At the same time its now not classifying my iPhone properly. Instead of dealing with this, I'm just collecting MAC addresses from the vendor devices and applying a MAC filter.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card