cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPv6 traffic killing my wireless network

clyde.wilson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a large wireless network in a hospital i support.  After an upgrade of all the wireless PCs to Windows 7 my wireless network is being crushed by IPv6 traffic.  This has affected our Vocera system to the point where it is no longer usable.  I am trying to find a way to block all IPv6 traffic.  Our system admin guys dont want to disable IPv6 via GPO and have suggested that i find a way to block it on the network.  Vocera support claims an access list on the VLAN that our wireless PCs are on blocking IPv6 traffic would solve the issue.  I'm not 100% sure how to do this.  If anyone else has had this issue and knows a fix i would appreciate any help.

-Clyde                  

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Maybe try this

config wlan IPv6support {enable | disable} wlan_id

I guess you might also be able to use ACLs to block ipv6.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Might also want to look at this. Maybe just setting it up right can help with the ipv6 traffic.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10315/products_tech_note09186a0080bae506.shtml#configuration

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card