Views
Helpful
Replies

Is client SSO possible with guest anchor controllers

Thibault BRISSE
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I am working on a wireless design with guest anchor controllers and I have a question. I would like to know if it is possible to offer client SSO to the guest WLAN with two anchor controllers (5508) configure for HA (1:1).  If it is not possible I will choose two 2504.

Best regards,

Thibault

6 Replies 6

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI,

Client SSO will work with Anchor-Foreign mobility setup as well as Guest Anchor scenarios.

More info here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/7.5/High_Availability_DG.html

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Hi,

So if I understand, if one of the two guest anchor controllers crash it will be completly transparent (client SSO) for guest users that's right ?

Regards,

Thibault

Yes, but be aware Is is only supported from 7.5 version

Only clients that are in Run state are synced  between the Active and Standby WLC. Client SSO does not support seamless  transitions for clients that are in the process of associating/joining  the controller. The clients in the transition phase will be  de-authenticated after switchover and will need to rejoin the  controller.

Regards

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

one more info:

How does client SSO, available with Release 7.5, enhance the user experience with high availability?

A. Releases 7.3 and 7.4 support 1:1 active-standby access point SSO, which  ensures that no Service Set Identifier (SSID) outage occurs. In other  words, if the active controller fails for some reason, the access points  fail over in less than a second from the active to the standby (new  active) controller. Each client needs to reauthenticate against the  currently active controller. At the rate of several tens of simultaneous  authentications per second on the controller, it can take anywhere from  zero to a few hundred seconds for the tens of thousands of clients to  associate that may be connected per controller. The 1:1 active-standby  client SSO in Release 7.5 helps ensure that even the clients do not need  to reauthenticate, and the time for clients to reconnect to the standby  controller goes down to less than a second. This means that users will  experience downtime of only the 2 to 3 seconds it takes for the specific  application (such as voice or Citrix) to recover after the failover.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps6302/ps8322/ps10315/qa_c67-714540.html

Regards

Hi,

I know how 1:1 client SSO works but I am wondering if it works too within the context of guest anchor controllers.

Thibault

I never done any experiment in my LAB but as per cisco DOC, Client stateful switchover (SSO) supported with 7.5 version.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps6302/ps8322/ps10315/product_bulletin_c25-729042.html

Hope it helps.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card