cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to lower the power draw on the Aironet 1552e AP (AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9)

foxsprint
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is it possible to lower the power draw on the Aironet 1552e AP (AIR-CAP1552E-N-K9) so it will run on a standard PoE device (IEEE 802.3af). The spec sheet for the AP says you need to either use the Cisco PoE injector (AIR-PWRINJ1500-2=).

Is there possibly a firmware upgrade/downgrade or some sort of command I can use?

The APs being used are running LWAPP and require a controller.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

-Fox

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No there is no way to change the power draw of an AP

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Steve is right!!!!! It specifically states in the data sheet the powering options for these APs and also states that 802.af will not power up the radios.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

for what it is worth, this is partially incorrect.  I was mistakenly shipped an LWAP version of the 1552E at first, and when powered via a POE af switch, it booted right up, but the terminal output during startup specifically mentioned that it was disabling the secondary gigE port because of low POE.  Now I have an autonomous 1552E and am trying to find out how to make it act the same way. 

Unfortunately I am not having any luck, and as you mentioned, all the documentation explicitly states that Cisco's POE injector is to be used.  How annoying.  Defeats the purpose of POE.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card