cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

is it possible to migrate an access point between regulatory domains?

routerguy666
Level 1
Level 1

I see appendices full of channel usage and power maximums, but nothing that states clearly wether or not it is possible to simply reconfigure a lightweight access point deployed in one regulatory domain so that it can be used in another?

Example - have an 1142 access point in Japan and would like to repurpose it for use in London.  Do I need to buy a new access point or can I reconfigure the Japan AP for use in London via software.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tfraij
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

for the regulatory domain it is hardcoded in the AP itself.

so for AP to be used in london , you need to purchase a -E AP.

now you still can connect the -J in london , and join it to WLC  with Japan country code, but that would be breach for the eroupean regulations and allowed frequencies...

the only migration you can perform in AP is between Japanese codes ( that allow different frequency ranges).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/6.0/configuration/guide/c60lwap.html#wp1147957

Hope this answers your concerns.

Best Regards

Talal

==========

please don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

tfraij
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

for the regulatory domain it is hardcoded in the AP itself.

so for AP to be used in london , you need to purchase a -E AP.

now you still can connect the -J in london , and join it to WLC  with Japan country code, but that would be breach for the eroupean regulations and allowed frequencies...

the only migration you can perform in AP is between Japanese codes ( that allow different frequency ranges).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/6.0/configuration/guide/c60lwap.html#wp1147957

Hope this answers your concerns.

Best Regards

Talal

==========

please don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

Great, thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card