Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue turn on Cisco AP 1572IC1-A-k9

I want to configure a new AP 1572IC1-A-k9, but I can´t turn on the AP, I connect the AP with a AIR-PWRINJ1500-2=, but when I connect the AP to the power injector port with a ethernet cable the AP is not turnning on

The AP has the next specification:

802.11 ac Outdoor AP  Internal Ant power over cable

Reg Domain A

DC Input 12V  5 A

PoC 40 - 90 V 47/63 Hz 2.3A

The powe injector has the following specification AIR-PWRINJ1500-2=:

ModelPOE80U-560(G)-C-R

INPUT:100-240V ~ 1.50 A 50-60 hZ

OUTPUT 1 56V .7 1A

PIN3,6 - +56V

PIN 1,2 - RETURN

OUTPUT 2 56V 0.7 1A

PIN 4,5 - +56V

PIN 7,8 - RETURN

What I need to do for turn on the AP?

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1572IC don't support PoE (or PWRINJ1500).  Look at this table and this explains that the 1572IC can only be powered by DC and Power over Cable (PoC).  

do you know how to connect the Power over Cable?

> do you know how to connect the Power over Cable?

DOCSIS 3.0 / EuroDOCSIS / JapanDOCSIS 3.0, 24x8 hybrid fiber-coaxial (HFC) cable modem

Since you were attempting PoE I'm guessing you're using Ethernet not cable modem so probably not an option for you :)

So your only remaining option (with this model of AP) is DC power - you'll need the connector accessory kit listed in the link Leo referred you to:

AIR-ACC15-DC-PLGS=

Accessory, DC-Power terminal plug/connector, bag of 10 units

Cisco doesn't provide the DC power supply so you'll need to provide that yourself.

At this point you may want to consider replacing the AP with a PoE model - AP1572EAC - which you can use with your power injector.  Otherwise you'll need to install DC power.

Rich

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card