Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IW3702 cable pinout

Need help to make cable RJ45-M12 for IW3702 access points the same as included but more than 10ft long. I found pinouts for PoE-IN port in documentation guide but don`t understand from this table how to use it. Would like to have pair numbers and colors for standart B before order this cables.

7 Replies 7

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/outdoor_industrial/iw3702/hardware/install/guide/b_iw3702_gsg.html#con_999773

Please help me understand this table from thr doc above:

0_P signal

3_P

0_N signal

3_N

1_P signal

2_N

1_N signal

2_P

what colors and pair numbers should i use for standart B RJ-45?

Not 100% sure, as I never used such a cable, but I guess it's the following.

Pin 1+2 are twisted pair 0 positive and negative

Pin 3+4 are twisted pair 1 positive and negative

and so on.

Also check this nice picture I've found (which sadly shows another PIN layout as the table):

https://www.matedex.be/images/prod/big/GZEMWfblAT_zNjPvwxLNm.png

But honestly, I'd trust this image.

Still don`t understand how to provide the correct pinout scheme, here we have pinout from standard T568B

what pin/pair numbers from the table are match to the picture?

The numbers on my image are the pin numbers on the plug.

So in the case of the blue pair, the half blue goes to RJ45 pin 5 and on the M12 to pin 7. The full blue goes on RJ45 pin 4 and on the M12 pin 8.

Check the Cisco image for the pin numbering on the M12 which I posted way earlier.

yes, you`re right for example from image, but then it doesn`t match for the table from official docs because pin 78 on the m12 belongs to pair #2.

It probably won't matter, as long as the pin configuration is correct. I suggest to make a cable and test it. If one pin is wrong, it probably won't work at all.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card