Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LAG on 5520/8840

Hi every one, I started a design where my client ask for the new plataform 5520/8840 WLCs but i can't find information about how config the LAG on both models i just find something about that is no supported LACP and PAgP, i understand that the plataform is based on UCS but, i can't find some config examples and i need to plan my next move talking about the LAN, cause both WLC have 10G ports so my client today have Nexus 5K but as you know Nexus uses VPCs and i don't know if i need to considered other switch like a Cat3850 just for the 10G ports.

Kindly regards

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Read THIS.

Thanks! I read the article but just said that is supported on Stack, VSS and VPC but not appears to have any example of the configuration like the classic configuration on 5508 via LACP, Im a little concern about the limitations on LACP and PAgP my client and I need to understand what we are going deploy on the DC where the WLC going to be connected. The client already have two N5k with two 5508, so the same configuration still useful or doesn't.

Regards!

Here you go, this is on an Nexus 5k, which is in a VPC. This is one port connected to a WLC 5520 with LAG. Second WLC port is connected to second Nexus which uses the same vpc number and same channel-group number and same interface configuration.

5548-5U17-3# interface Ethernet1/3
  description wlc-5520-1
  switchport mode trunk
  switchport trunk allowed vlan 14-18,116-117
  spanning-tree port type edge trunk
  speed auto
  channel-group 210

5548-5U17-3# sh ru int po210

version 7.0(8)N1(1)

interface port-channel210
  description wlc-5520-1
  switchport mode trunk
  switchport trunk allowed vlan 14-18,116-117
  spanning-tree port type edge trunk
  vpc 210

5548-5U17-3#

You can deploy it just fine with vPC. You just have to enable port channel unconditionaly from the switch side meaning mode on. As for the other configuration your port channel has to be in single vPC if you are using pair of 5k in vPC mode. I have 2 pair of 5520 in a client site running in HA mode and each is dual attached to two 7k in vPC mode.

Let me know if you need further help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card