cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

lightweight mode behind WGB

erevo_pica
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to encapsulate one CAPWAP tunnel in another one with using IOS WGB in the middle?

Usually after WGB we have wired clients and I was wonder if we can connect there  (instead of switch and wired clients) another LAP access point.

What I mean is shown and explain on the figure below

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No its not gonna work.. WGB works like a Wireless cleint to the AP and this inturn cant bridge traffic of an LWAPP to the WLC.. more over, the WGB just supports only one VLAN.. that is the native VLAN..

Lemme know if this answered ur question and please dont forget to rate the usefull posts!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No its not gonna work.. WGB works like a Wireless cleint to the AP and this inturn cant bridge traffic of an LWAPP to the WLC.. more over, the WGB just supports only one VLAN.. that is the native VLAN..

Lemme know if this answered ur question and please dont forget to rate the usefull posts!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

so the best way in that situation is to configure both access points that participate in the bridge connection as IOS bridges (1242G for example) ?  And then both devices are working only to build the bridge, neither for connecting wireless clients, am I right?

Yes you are 100% correct!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card