Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Losing connection wireless

Hello everyone,

My enviroment have the controller model WLC 2500 with software version 8.0.120.0 plus 15 APS model AIR-CAP2702I-Z-K9 here we use 802.1x  with ACS.

We have :

good and strong signal

good troughput 

But somehow my clients using macbook, windows 7 or higher smartphone, iphone ... lost the connection suddenly and they must to reconnect a lot of times on one single day, i tried to apply the debug commands for capture the logs and found many errors (see document attached) and i tried to use the configuration analyze for tshoot and foud many problems too.  (see document attached again please...)

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Pick two APs with the most dense wireless clients and post the complete output to the command :sh ap auto-rf 802.11b <AP names>".

Pick four wireless clients (two connected to the two APs above and two random APs) and post the complete output to the command "sh client detail <wireless client MAC address>".

Hello Leo,

Thanks for you answer attached the logs was provided as you mentioned attached.

;)

Thanks for the output.

1. show_ap_auto-rf_denseap.txt - AP AP_MV_1ANDAR_01 had a change of channel "Tue Jan 5 20:01:49 2016". Weird. Interference too far away to make any impact.

2. sh_ap_auto-rf_802.11b_denseap.txt - I am seeing 2 clients connected > 1000 seconds. Two clients connected for <500 seconds. I also observed that the wireless NIC of the clients were able to choose the AP with the best signal.  I also noticed that the 802.11b data rates are also enabled.  

All in all, I don't see any signs that there was a wireless event.

Can you post the output to the command "sh wlan 3" and "sh wlan 4".

Yeah i see,

Here we use 802.1x but we have other ssid without 802.1x using only mac-address or ssid default using just password for authentication and we have the same problem somehow the clients lost the connection i dont have any idea about thist problem.

:(

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card