cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lost VLAN Mapping on WLC 5508 (Flexconnect)

jguandalini
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, I have a WLC 5508 and some AIR-LAP1131AG-T-K9 all in flexconnect configuration.

The problem is that 1130 Access Points lost the VLAN Mapping configuration without reason, simple change the vlan mapping to 999 and I need to reconfigure that.

I search in some documents on cisco.com but I can't find anything about this issue.

Could you help me please?

Thanks guys.

44 Replies 44

Seems better with the later code versions, but again, I'm assuming that everything is configured right.  I know that with some of the older code versions, some FlexConnect AP's would loose their VLAN mappings and that when templates and scripts just make it easy.  All about making it simple and working for the end users:)

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I've created reporting tool for problems with flexconnect mapping

https://github.com/ccie32305/ciscoflexconnectreport

Can you send me a list of your show ap summary

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Sent by private message.

Thanks

I replied with the commands... you just have to cut and paste.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Perfect Scott, thank you so much.

Can I share the script here to help other guys (Or you share, to earn deserved stars for your big help)? I will change only the name/vlan of IPs, ok?

Sure...

I will also post the excel sheet later so others can use it too. The excel you will just have to copy the columns in order to a text editor so you can paste all the commands in order. I typically put all the AP's in the list since its pretty quick to run.

Glad it worked.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Great, when you post it, i will check the correct answer to help other guys.

For me is working as well on my test.

Here is an excel file that can go up to 2000 AP's and also a txt file that shows an example.  You will need to cut and paste from the excel to notepad or a note editor and then you can select all and paste it into the CLI of the WLC.  The spreadsheet has only one input field for the Wlan ID and the VLAN ID, so if you have multiple WLAN to VLAN mappings, just make a change to that and paste it into the text file.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Very useful informations Scott. Congrats for your hard work.

Thanks Again

hahaha... I just like to make my life easy... I try to configure everything through the CLI if possible.  Thanks for the rating!

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Hi Guys

I have WLC 5508 with redundant setup. We have problem on AP vlan mapping. Randomly the VLAN mapping on all AP is changing to management Interface VLAN.

I am wondering how to fix this. We have made the same setup on both WLC.

Any idea how to fix this .

Everytime if the AP lose VLAN mapping we have to log into all AP and check the VLAN mapping.

we are running

7.0.116.0 code both WLC.

Why not use the excel sheet I provided to the other OP? This way you don't have to see what AP's you need to change and just send the commands for all of them.

If you issue a show WLAN summary and a show AP Group summary, then all the WLC's in your network have the exact same output?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

ssengotaiyan,

The main reason for you to loose the VLAN Mapping is the mis-match in configuration b/n the Pri and the Sec. WLC.

Please make sure you have the WLAN configuration exactly matching ( including the WLAN ID).

Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks

Victor

Regards Victor V *****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as *****Answered"*****

Hi Victor

We have the same problem. but we have only one WLC (a 8500) with a HA. So the AP's is not "jumping around)

any idea?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card