Views
Helpful
Replies

Macbook OSX 10.11.6 cannot login to guest wireless network

aous.salloum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys, 

having a problem with Macbook OSX devices, connect to the wireless network, receive an IP address, get redirected to the web login page 

submit credentials and then nothing happens, keeps spinning wheels and then another blank tab opens, 

checking the logs on ISE there is nothing and the request is not hitting ISE 

any idea.

4 Replies 4

Jurgens L
Level 3
Level 3

What version of ISE are you running as well the patch version, also what model WLC and version code are you running?

ISE 2.2 

WLC WISM2 running 8.1

You should have seen the authorization for url redirect right?
Can you do a tcpdump on your ise and see if you see some traffic coming in?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

I've seen this issue occurring before, not with Macbooks but a specific new Andriod version. What you tend to get are the patch updates Cisco release do help with issues occurring with devices that came out after the current software release you are running on. For me, the solution was to run the latest available patch that was available for version 2.2, just cross check the open caveats of that patch release to understand any potential risks the patch may bring when deployed. Also, something to consider, however, I don't see this related to your issue if the WLC code. Very important to know that your code should run maintenance release in parallel with your ISE code to minimize risk with any known bugs. I can't believe how many hours I've burned troubleshooting 802.1X issues that came down the code I was running the WLC's. Just keep that in mind when you ever upgrade (or the opportunity to do so) your WLC code again, 8.1 version is not the most stable releases out there. From what the feedback I got from Cisco is that 2.2 for ISE is still the recommended version if you after stability and don't require any new features that are released in 2.4 (don't even think of using 2.3).
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: