Views
Helpful
Replies

Manage WLC with last release 8.0.133.0 by Cisco Prime Infrastructure

FABIAN JIMENEZ
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Forum,

In the last days I deployed a WLC 5508 HA configuration with both controllers in release 8.0.133.0 that is actually the last recomended version with "Star". It Works OK, although, when I tried to add to Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.2 I noticed that I canĀ“t manage the WLCs in 8.0.133.0 version, only up to 8.0.132.0 is supported (version that haven't star).

Also I noticed that is not supported for any Prime the 8.0.133.0, because it's recent upload

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html#pgfId-148410

It's there a way possible to patch the prime for avoid downgrade the software version of the controllers?

Thank you very much for your help.

Fabian Jimenez

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Could be a bug.  You have but the following options: 

1.  Raise a TAC Case; 

2.  Talk to your AM/SE and see if they can raise a PER (Product Enhancement Request); or

3.  Upgrade PI to 3.1.

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes it will support with prime 2.2, The Cisco Wireless Release 8.0.133.0 is a repost of the Cisco Wireless Release 8.0.132.0 to address the resolved caveats.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: