cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Management Interface Packet Drops on 5508 with LAG to 2248FEX

bret
Level 3
Level 3

I am in the process of migrating to a new controller. My current controller is working fine and connects with a LAG configuration to a 2248FEX hanging off a 5548. My new controller is dropping packets when I ping the management interface from an AP and connects with a LAG configuration to a 2248FEX hanging off a 56128. What's interesting is when I ping a separate interface on the new controller I drop no packets and from the same AP I can ping my production controller and not drop packets. I have a ticket open with TAC and am getting poor response from him, so I thought I would put the question out to the PROS.

Here is my switch configuration which is identical for the production and new controller.

interface port-channel209
  description PADC1-CWLC1
  switchport mode trunk
  switchport trunk native vlan 900

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Group Port-       Type     Protocol  Member Ports
      Channel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
209   Po209(SU)   Eth      NONE      Eth102/1/9(P)  Eth102/1/10(P)  Eth120/1/9(P)
                                     Eth120/1/10(P) 

interface Ethernet102/1/9
  description PADC1-CWLC1
  switchport mode trunk
  switchport trunk native vlan 900
  channel-group 209

The only thing I think of is the code on the 56128 is doing something different than the 5548's. I can ping any other device on the same subnet as the new controller and not drop packets.

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card