Views
Helpful
Replies

Maximum associated clients in a 1552I AP

jantonio.moron
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anybody know what is the maximum number of associated clients that supports a 1552I?

Has anybody tried with simultaneous streaming of multiple clients, how many will run?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well the limit is 200 and that's a configuration limit on the WLC code for AP's. Now how many on the mesh really depends on how many MAP's to RAP's you have as the backhaul is shared. For indoors it's typically 25 which is a good number and works well for outdoor, but I have had 100+ on a MAP at a high school sporting event and you really can't control that as your not going to deploy high density.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well the limit is 200 and that's a configuration limit on the WLC code for AP's. Now how many on the mesh really depends on how many MAP's to RAP's you have as the backhaul is shared. For indoors it's typically 25 which is a good number and works well for outdoor, but I have had 100+ on a MAP at a high school sporting event and you really can't control that as your not going to deploy high density.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card