Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Maximum number of client in AIR-AP1401N-X-K9

Hi to all,

somebody knows, how many clients can I associate simultaneously in a Cisco AIR-AP1401N-X-K9??  And in a AIR-LAP?? Is the same number of clients???

I'm looking for information about this in cisco.com, but I can't find any  information....

Thanks to all!!!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Rule-of-thumb is 25 wireless clients to an AP.  

Now this number will go up/down depending on the type of wireless traffic you are pushing.  Emails, browsing, FB and you can potentially see the number go up to around 30 wireless clients to an AP.  If you are doing HD videos, then this can go down to around 8.

View solution in original post

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just to add to Leo's comment.... You have to look at it this way..... how much throughput you want each user to have?  25 is the rule of thumb for adequate user experience, but many AP's can associate up to 200 clients, but you don't want to have the user experience like they are using a 56k dial-up modem.

Please rate helpful post and Cisco Support Community will donate to Kiva

Scotty

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Rule-of-thumb is 25 wireless clients to an AP.  

Now this number will go up/down depending on the type of wireless traffic you are pushing.  Emails, browsing, FB and you can potentially see the number go up to around 30 wireless clients to an AP.  If you are doing HD videos, then this can go down to around 8.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just to add to Leo's comment.... You have to look at it this way..... how much throughput you want each user to have?  25 is the rule of thumb for adequate user experience, but many AP's can associate up to 200 clients, but you don't want to have the user experience like they are using a 56k dial-up modem.

Please rate helpful post and Cisco Support Community will donate to Kiva

Scotty

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

OK, I understand it now...

Thanks guys, you help me a lot!!!

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It depends upon the type of wireless traffic the clients are sending to the AP's.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card