Community Helping Community

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

[Meraki MR32] Roaming connection loss and disconnections

Hello everybody,

I have a wifi issue with X201, T510 and T430S Lenovo laptops with Meraki MR32 access points.

The OS of laptops are Windows 7 32 and 64 bits and all the reference of wifi cards are "Intel Centrino Wireless N-1000 and Intel Centrino Advanced N-6205" (i installed last drivers which are released in 2015).

I work in a company with many floors (6 in total) which has many Meraki MR32 access points.

When i move from first floor to second floor, i lost my wifi connection --> i'm obliged to switch off and switch on my wifi card adapter.

Moreover, i have always disconnections during the day.

Anyone can help me please ?

Thank you in advance.

greenkev

6 REPLIES 6
Beginner

Up !

Up !

Hall of Fame Master

Make sure that you have layer

Make sure that you have layer 3 roaming enabled if each floor the wireless traffic is placed on a different subnet. As gas as disconnections throughout the day, you need to look also at how your SSIDs are configure. Just like with Cisco's enterprise controllers, it's best not to mix WPA and WPA2 encryption methods. Your devices should all support WPA2/AES which is WPA2-Personal or WPA2/-Enterprise if you are using radius.  Have you validated that there is more than enough coverage?

-Scott 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Beginner

Thank you for your answer

Thank you for your answer Scott.

I read that the layer 3 roaming parameter in Meraki is for networks where APs are not in the same subnet.

In my case, all APs are in the same subnet.

Could I make this change or not in my case ?

Hall of Fame Master

Well if your SSID's are all

Well if your SSID's are all mapped to the same vlan, then you don't need to. It's when you have each floor for example on a different vlan for SSID X.

-Scott

-Scott
Beginner

Do you have another ideas ?

Do you have another ideas ?

Do you know roaming and disconnections issues about two following wifi cards adapter : Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000 and Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 for Meraki solution ?

Hall of Fame Master

The only issue can be with

The only issue can be with driver versions. I know that the 62xx works well with the v15.  Look to see if there are updates for the drivers and tests. When you are roaming while walking the floor, what are your ping times when pining the gateway for example?  Test with an open ssid also and see if the issue goes away. This would tell me that it's the wireless NIC's that might be he issue then. 

-Scott

-Scott
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad

August's Community Spotlight Awards