Views
Helpful
Replies

Miele Washing Machine - Cisco WLC 2504

Awacs2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there!

Strange problem. The CEO of one of our customers has a a MIELE washing mashine that he would like to have in his Cisco wifi (WLC 2004) to control it via his iPad.

When initially configuring the mashine, you have to connect with the Apple App "Miele@mobile" to the own wifi of the washing mashine and then configure the Cisco SSID "Miele" and PSK with this app.

This works fine. The mashine gets an IP address and is pingable in the network. Also it is pingable from the iPad itself, when you bring the iPad back into the Cisco SSID "Miele".

BUT, the "Miele@mobile"-App now is not able to find the washing mashine, although it is pingable and in the same network.

When trying this whole procedure with a mobile-phone-wifi-hotspot it it working perfekt. The app finds the mashine immediately.

So, do we have a multicast problem here or something like this. What is clear, however, that the Cisco WLC is the problem here, because with other wifi-devices it is working fine.

What I had in mind was, that in the beginning of the CEO-house-project I also had problems with his SONOS wifi speakers. To get those speakers to work, I had to enter MULTICAST 239.255.255.250 group address.

https://en.community.sonos.com/setting-up-sonos-228990/sonos-with-cisco-wireless-lan-controller-6789517

Is this the problem why the app does not find the washing mashine??? But if I maybe have to change the multicast group addresse the SONOS won´t work anymore.

Any hints???

Software on WLC is 8.3.122.0

FUS 2.0.0

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Go through these points:

1. Enable Multicast Support

Go to the Controller tab and then the Multicast link on the left-hand menu. Enable Global Multicast Mode and IGMP Snooping

2. The group address is an IPv4 multicast group and is recommended to be in the 239.x.x.x-239.255.255.255 range which is scoped for private multicast applications. Do not use the 224.x.x.x, 239.0.0.x or the 239.128.0.x address ranges for the multicast group address. Addresses in these ranges overlap with the link local MAC addresses and flood all switch ports, even with IGMP snooping enabled.

Means your Mulicast adddress is ok... NO need to change it.

3. Set AP Multicast Mode is configured to use Multicast mode.

4. Ensure Peer-to-Peer Blocking Is Disabled on WLAN

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts 

Hi!

Thanks for your quick answer.

I already tried all this with no luck.

So, you think that it is no problem that my AP Multicast Mode-IP is set to 239.255.255.250 for the SONOS devices.

Sorry, I am not that familiar with multicast.

Regards

So, you think that it is no problem that my AP Multicast Mode-IP is set to 239.255.255.250 for the SONOS devices.

Its ok.

did you enable  mDNS Snooping  on WLAN. To confirm, choose WLAN id > Advanced tab and make sure that the mDNS Snooping option is Enabled.

Regards

Dont forget to arte helpful posts

Yes, mDNS Snooping is enabled. But still no luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: