Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile Devices Support

DivZ
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking for a reference document for the type of devices that are supported under 5Ghz. We are using a 5500 WLC and 3600 WAPs. Lot of users cannot connect to network via mobile devices. Is there a reference doc from cisco which i can use to inform them?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mobile devices?   Not all smartphones or tablets support 802.11a.

View solution in original post

I was looking for a list of mobile devices which are not supported by 5Ghz WAPs.

No way you can find that here.

You need to contact the manufacturer of your mobile devices and ask them yourself or look at the product specification sheet.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Any device that has a 5ghz radio is supported on any 5ghz capable AP. you need to look at your configuration as that most likely will be your issue.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi,

I do understand that. I was looking for a list of mobile devices which are not supported by 5Ghz WAPs.

I was looking for a list of mobile devices which are not supported by 5Ghz WAPs.

No way you can find that here.

You need to contact the manufacturer of your mobile devices and ask them yourself or look at the product specification sheet.

thanks for your reply! got it!

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mobile devices?   Not all smartphones or tablets support 802.11a.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card