cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Motorola roaming issues with cisco WLC/AP

telecom2012
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,   We are using 25 cisco AIR-LAP1042N-T-K9 AP´s with WLC AIR-CT5508-K9 (7.0.116.0) at our distribution center. The issue is that the mororola MC3190 (windows CE 6.0) handheld works fine for a while and stops when doing the roaming. It is not all the time that the roaming makes it stops, for ex, in this attached debug it roamed 6 times ok (till ####) and at the last one stopped when going from AP 3a;d0 to b4:20. After it stops users need to reset the handheld and today it is happennig every 15/20 min. They are on my neck! Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Waldir,

I think you should go through the attached short document  discussing the motorola known issues ( including ROAMING ). Please  refer to it, I  am sure it will help you.

Rate us ,if it helps you!!

Regards!

Saurav

Thanks for the document, but we have investigated futher and it seems that when a client roams from one nortel/avaya switch to another there is an update issue with its mac address. We have a ticket opened with our switch support.

Thanks.

Hi Waldir

I've noticed the very same issue with another wlan controller & handset, it seems that the device says its connected but it doesn't ping. deleting the device from the controller forced the Motorola mc9190 handset to reconnect quickly and connectivity resumes (for so long) have changed the mc9190 profiles to a wpa2/aes instead of wpa/tkip which appears better but the random problem will most likely show its ugly head again very soon

I'm also currently looking into changing the minimum bss rate settings in hoping that the clients will seek out other AP's before its too late (for roaming issues)

Did you get any further with this?

Thanks,

MC9190 / Windows Mobile 6.5

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card