Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MSE 3355 unable to track clients and rogues

Hi,

I have an MSE 3355 running 7.4.100.0, Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.3.0.20 and 6 wism2 running 7.4.100.0.

MSE was correctly added to Prime and assigned to maps and controllers. Context Aware Service is Enabled and Up and I have a permanent license installed with a limit of 3000 elements.

The appliance is not able to perform client or rogue tracking.

This is what I see under Services->Mobility Services Engines->Context Aware Service->General:

Version7.4.0.38
Operational StatusUp
Number of Tracked Wireless Clients0
Number of Tracked Tags0
Number of Tracked Rogue APs0
Number of Tracked Rogue Clients0
Number of Tracked Interferers0
Number of Tracked Wired Clients0
Total Elements Tracked0
Tracked Elements (Wireless Clients, Rogue APs, Rogue Clients, Interferers and Wired Clients) Limit3000

Tracked Tags Limit

How can I troubleshoot this kind of problem?

Any answer will be much appreciated

Thanks

Francesco

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is interesting... I have just brought up and MSE 3550 v7.4, PI v1.3 and 6 5008's running v7.4 with no issues. 

When I usually see this, it because the WLC is at a higher code rev than the MSE, but in your case it is not.  Have you verified in PI that the MSE is reachable and that you also have synchronized the MSE services.  You have to apply the WLC and the maps to the MSE also in order to see the value increment.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Probably it's a license issue. I've upgraded the MSE appliance from 7.3.101.0 and PI from a 1.2.0.103.

After the upgrade all CAS licenses have been converted for only a few APs...

I don't understand which AP is licensed and which AP is not licensed....but I think that I probably have to see at least a few clients tracked by MSE.

My 3k CAS licenses have been converted for 60 APs and I exceed the 500 APs limit...do you think is this the issue?

Thanks,

Francesco

Well... 7.4 has a new licensing feature of 50=1.  So this isn't hard set right now, but it will be on 7.5

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

50 access points to one CAS

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps9733/ps9742/qa_c67-726505.pdf

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

I think it's the opposite... 50 CAS to one access point. So my 3000 CAS license become 60 APs but I don't understand how the MSE choose these 60 APs.

Thanks,

Francesco

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card