Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MSE 7.5

Hello,

Does anyone know how to upgrade license from MSE 7.3 to MSE 7.5 or we need to buy new ones?

Thank you.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The license has changed from MSE v7.3 which you have. On v7.4 it has changed to AP counts which is on the honor system to use. On v7.5, the license is mandatory to buy. On your version it was based on elements and now on v7.5 its based off of APs. The ration is 50 elements per AP.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

Jacob Snyder
Level 5
Level 5

Contact you AM. They will assist you getting your licenses adjusted in the new model.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Kirill,

The MSE licenses are based on number of access point not on the MSE software code. Licenses are additive. You just need to upgrade your code. Follow the two below links

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps9733/ps9742/data_sheet_c07-473865.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/mse/3350/release/notes/mse7_0_201.204.html

Thank you, I know it.

I must update  mse from 7.3 (with license 3000 tags) to mse 7.5 which will convert my license to 60 ap, but  i have 560 APs. How i can purchase support for all my access points?

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The license has changed from MSE v7.3 which you have. On v7.4 it has changed to AP counts which is on the honor system to use. On v7.5, the license is mandatory to buy. On your version it was based on elements and now on v7.5 its based off of APs. The ration is 50 elements per AP.

-Scott

+5 for Scott

Haha... I just went thought that with a customer of mine yesterday:)

-Scott

Jacob Snyder
Level 5
Level 5

Contact you AM. They will assist you getting your licenses adjusted in the new model.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card