cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MSE 8.0- Clients not showing (WLC 5760,MSE8.0,Prime 2.2)

ddindevanis
Level 1
Level 1

We have installed WLC 5760 in HA with code 3.0.7  Cisco Prime 2.2 and MSE 8

The MSE is reachable via the Prime and is configured, Context Aware Service is enabled and configured on WLCs and therefore maps.

None of the clients on the network are being detected by the Prime, I can see the clients in Prime but in MSE or clients locations not able to see in the map. Maps synchroinized in MSE.

I am not sure where to being troubleshooting and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Sebastian Pusta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you synchronized the WLC with the MSE?

It can be done from PI: Design->Mobility Services->Synchronize Services  and select Controllers Menu from left side of the screen.

Best regards,

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

I did the same two times after i read it from forums, also i have removed the MSE from Prime and reinitialized the MSE and attached to Prime again. still not working,

Is there anything to do with License? of MSE, I can see the clients in PI2.

Regards

Dinesan

Hi,

What is the NMSP Status on the MSE? (Home -> Configuration -> System -> Status).

Best regards,

Sebastian

Hi 

NMSP status Active....

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Synchronizing Cisco WLC with a Mobility Services Engine

This section describes how to synchronize a Cisco WLCs, assign an MSE to any Cisco WLCs and also to unassign a network design, Cisco WLCs, wired switch, or event group from a Mobility Services Engine.

Assigning and Synchronizing Network Designs, a Cisco WLC, Catalyst Switch, or Event Group

Assigning an MSE to the Cisco WLC

Unassigning a Network Design, Wired Switch, or Event Group from MSE

Assigning and Synchronizing Network Designs, a Cisco WLC, Catalyst Switch, or Event Group
    Assigning an MSE to the Cisco WLC
    Unassigning a Network Design, Wired Switch, or Event Group from MSE

For more details please refer to the link-

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/mse/8-0/MSE_CMX/8_0_MSE_CAS/7_4_MSE_CAS_chapter_011.html

Hi,

we do not have any issue for assigning or synchronization of any device (WLC/Prime/MSE). I can see the clients on Prime, but the MSE landing page shows 0 clients, also in the MAPS (both Prime/MSE)

Regards

If I undrestood correctly, you can see clients associated in PI Monitoring Dashboards, but they don't show up on the maps.

I assume that you have added the APs to the maps, right? Do clients appear in Wireless Clients collumn under Operate -> Maps ?

Best regards,

Sebastian 

Hi

I can see the clients in PI dashboard, but cant see the clients in MAP, APs are added in MAP already, i could see the heatmap and ap's in MAP

Regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card