Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MSE and CMX in the same WLC solution ?

Hi All 

I have been trying to find some documentation on this, but I am unable to (maybe there is a reason )

The setup is as follows.

The customer has a Cisco Wireless Solution with WLCs, Prime and a CMX - all working fine and doing what it should do.

But the customer now wants to also use Aeroscout tags.

Now Aeroscout tags and CMX (MSE10+) is not compatible ( Im hearing that it will be around Q3 this year ), only Aeroscout and MSE 8

Unfortunately we need to start using the Aeroscout tags right away.

Is there any reason why we should not be able to install a new MSE and use that in this solution for tags at the same time we still use the CMX ?

The CMX and Prime does not "talk together" (as far as I remember) , the MSE and Prime will - so no problem here would be my guess.

But both CMX and the new MSE would be "talking" to the WLC setup, I dont see why this should not be possible, but Im just afraid that I missed something ?

Any input would be greatly appreciated

/Thomas

4 Replies 4

Ric Beeching
Level 7
Level 7

I think you're spot on, particularly considering you're not integrating CMX with Prime so reducing the complexity.

I believe the WLCs support multiple instances as you could have one doing presence and another doing location.

Ric

-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts

That was also my guess. :-) - (or most logical conclusion).

Ill set some of it up the day after tomorrow, and ill let you all know how it goes (if anyone is interested :-) )

/Thomas

Definitely keep us posted, always good to hear the solution once tested!

-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts

Everything seems to work fine. So thats a plus bonus... now you know. :-)

I dont think anyone will get into this kind of problem .. but it was an interesting case.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card