Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies

MSE and CMX in the same WLC solution ?

Hi All 

I have been trying to find some documentation on this, but I am unable to (maybe there is a reason :-) )

The setup is as follows.

The customer has a Cisco Wireless Solution with WLCs, Prime and a CMX - all working fine and doing what it should do.

But the customer now wants to also use Aeroscout tags.

Now Aeroscout tags and CMX (MSE10+) is not compatible ( Im hearing that it will be around Q3 this year ), only Aeroscout and MSE 8

Unfortunately we need to start using the Aeroscout tags right away.

Is there any reason why we should not be able to install a new MSE and use that in this solution for tags at the same time we still use the CMX ?

The CMX and Prime does not "talk together" (as far as I remember) , the MSE and Prime will - so no problem here would be my guess.

But both CMX and the new MSE would be "talking" to the WLC setup, I dont see why this should not be possible, but Im just afraid that I missed something ?

Any input would be greatly appreciated :-)

/Thomas

5 REPLIES 5
Rising star

I think you're spot on,

I think you're spot on, particularly considering you're not integrating CMX with Prime so reducing the complexity.

I believe the WLCs support multiple instances as you could have one doing presence and another doing location.

Ric

-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts

That was also my guess. :-) -

That was also my guess. :-) - (or most logical conclusion).

Ill set some of it up the day after tomorrow, and ill let you all know how it goes (if anyone is interested :-) )

/Thomas

Rising star

Definitely keep us posted,

Definitely keep us posted, always good to hear the solution once tested!

-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts
Highlighted

Everything seems to work fine

Everything seems to work fine. So thats a plus bonus... now you know. :-)

I dont think anyone will get into this kind of problem .. but it was an interesting case.

Contributor

What model of Access Point

What model of Access Point are you deploying?  -1800/2800/3800s will not work properly with MSE

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards